While January is the longest month of the year, it doesn’t have to be the worst month of the year!
In part 2 we have a few hacks that help you declutter, save money and keep the house squeaky clean using our wonderfully soft toilet paper.
Talking about soft, have you heard that we have 4-ply toilet paper available to the public?! This (incredible) toilet paper is available at all of our Factory Stores in Gauteng.
Back to the topic at hand – hacks that really work.
Bathroom tissue and tissue roll hacks (that actually work)
1. Tissue rolls are more than just a loop of cardboard – a toilet roll holds a plethora of possibility! For example, roll up loose wires and cords lying around and place them into the toilet roll – voila! An area has just become decluttered and organised!
2. Use an empty toilet roll to make a phone speaker – simply cut a thin rectangle out of the toilet roll to slip your phone into and stick two push-pins into the roll to stop it from rolling around. Now play your favourite tunes on full blast!
3. Don’t have a measuring tape on hand? Why not use the squares of Dinu toilet paper to measure a few things out? Each square measures 110mm wide by 100mm high.
4. Need a new desk organiser? No worries! Just glue a few empty toilet rolls together (you could decorate them to give it that little personal flare).
5. Has your cat or kitten chowed down on their toys and left it in pieces? No problem! Cut the ends of a toilet paper roll into a thin fringe and your kitty is going to have a ball!
6. Make fire starters out of empty toilet rolls filled with some lint from your dryer – this way you don’t have to struggle to do the most South African thing of all… Braai!
7. Does someone dear and near to you have a birthday in Janu-Worry? Shame man! DIY some confetti poppers with a toilet roll! You will need an empty toilet roll, a balloon and some paper cut into small pieces. Cut the top of the balloon and attach it to one end of the toilet roll. Tie a knot at the end of the balloon, put the small pieces of paper into the roll – pull at the end of the balloon and let it go – now watch your confetti fly!
8. Want to start your garden off fresh? Use toilet rolls as seed starters, fill them with potting mix and the seed and off you go! Once the seed is big enough, you can plant the whole thing, roll and all, into your garden (just remember to wet the roll beforehand). The roll will decompose over time all on its own.
Stay tuned for more hacks that save you money and actually work!
Oola.com. 2021. 11 Clever Toilet Paper Roll Hacks. [online] Available at: <https://www.oola.com/life-at-home/2463045/11-clever-toilet-paper-roll-hacks/> [Accessed 22 December 2020].
Home Hacks. 2021. 50+ Clever And Nifty Ways To Use Toilet Paper Rolls To Solve Common Problems At Home. [online] Available at: <https://homehacks.co/55-genius-uses-toilet-paper-rolls/> [Accessed 22 December 2020].